Reliable Builder in Sheffield
You’ve probably seen all the horror video’s or even experienced first hand some shocking workmanship from cow boy builders and therefore finding a reliable builder in Sheffield can seem like mission impossible.
Milestone pride themselves on customer satisfaction as well as delivering an outstanding service from start to finish.
It’s vital to find a builder in your area, or surrounding areas, that provide a clear, competitive price as well other equally important information you should consider.
Here’s our list to help you when deciding on a reliable builder in Sheffield;
- Speaking with friends and family can be a great starting point. Seeing any building works that they have had undertaken and asking them their opinion on the builder that they used and ask them if they would use them again.
- If approaching your builder without any previous recommendations ask them if they have any references that you can check out.
- Ask for the builders experience and qualifications.
- Ask to see their current insurance certificates.
- Check whether the builder uses subcontracts.
- How do they communicate with you throughout the project? Do they use a project management system that offers clear communication and budget information like Milestone?
- Make sure they provide a detailed quote, more information the better and how long is their quote guaranteed for?
- Draw up a contract if the work is substantial or if they provide a contract, make sure you look through it properly before signing or better still get legal advice.
- Make sure phases and staged payments are agreed up front.
- Ask a council inspector to check the work undertaken meets building regulations.
If you would like to discuss your requirements with our team or would like a free design consultation, please get in touch.
Milestone – Consult | Build | Design | WOW